About the PTO
Welcome! This page has lots of information about the Pierce PTO. Click on a link below to learn more!
The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) at Pierce School is made up of parents/guardians and teachers. Our mission is to enhance the school experience for students, educators, and families by 1) promoting connections between home and school 2) funding, supporting, and hosting school and community activities.
This mission is accomplished through the volunteerism and support of parents, families, and school staff as well as fundraising.
Coming Soon: About The Bridge, fundraising, grants, teacher stipends, special events, community life...
All Pierce parents/guardians and teachers are members of the PTO! Our organization runs on the dedication of members who wish to volunteer. Below is a list of our 2022-23 parent leaders and executive board.
Note: where it says TBD, that means a volunteer is yet to be determined. If you or someone you know would be a good fit for that role, please let us know!
To send a general communication to the PTO, please email email@example.com.
EXECUTIVE BOARD of the PTO:
Consists of the PTO Officers, the School Principal, Teacher Liaison(s)
Co-chair: Bernardine Ileto Chan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-chair: Jen Katz, email@example.com
Secretary: Ashley Vincent
Treasurer: Salina Wall, --
Editor, The Bridge: Ashley Vincent, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site Administrator: Will Vincent
Membership Toolkit Directory: Tim Rowell, Will Vincent
HOSPITALITY and OUTREACH
Room Parent Coordinator: Michele Smith
2022-23 Room Parents: Click here (coming soon)
Welcome Coordinator: TBD
Japanese Community Liaison - Rie Kawabori
Other Community Liaisons - coming soon! If you know of a Pierce community that would benefit from
having a PTO liaison, please let us know
Staff/Teacher Appreciation: TBD
PierceWear: Jen Katz, Alison Neal, --
Arts Council Coordinator: Robin Hennessy
Pierce School Musical: Phil Schroeder
Annual Appeal: Jeanna Kinnebrew
Special Projects: TBD
- These are events run by the PTO; this is not a complete list of all Pierce activities. Please check the school calendar/communications for additional events/activities run by the school administration/faculty.
- Events in which a coordinator is yet to be determined (TBD) are subject to cancellation if no volunteer coordinator is identified.
List of coordinators for each event
PTO Community Connections (monthly): PTO
Kindergarten Picnic (September): Jacqueline Chezar
“Welcome New Families to Pierce” Social (September): PTO
Pierce FunRun (October): TBD
Paint Night/School Tours: (October): PTO
Movie Night (December): TBD
Pierce School Musical (several shows Fall/Winter/Spring): Phil Schroeder
Skate Night (January): TBD
Book Fair (date TBD): Priya Budde
Read-a-thon (February-April): TBD
Movie Night (March): TBD
Multicultural Festival (May): TBD
Spring Celebration (May): TBD
Pierce Picnic (June): PTO
* Click here (linking coming soon) to sign up to receive the PTO Newsletter, The Bridge.
* Stay connected with your classroom (K-5) or grade level (6-8) - make sure you are receiving communications from your room parent! Click here (link coming soon) to find your room parent.
* Would you like to become more involved with the PTO? Is there a role or event that interests you? Or are you uncertain how to get involved and would like to talk to someone about the possibilities?
Please look at the section above to get an idea of what other PTO volunteers do. You can also check on this link about volunteering (link coming soon!) And, you can email us, email@example.com, and we will be happy to have a conversation with you. In your message, tell us the grade(s) of your kid(s) and about your interests.
We will link to PTO meeting notes in this section
This section will have answers to questions that come up frequently.
This section will have information about what the PTO funds and process for allocating such funds.
We will provide links to forms such as "Request Funding," "Teacher Reimbursement Form," etc.